The Christmas jingles have barely stopped playing in the shops when they bust out the red hearts, boxes and boxes of chocolate and fluffy teddy bears. Yep, it’s that time of year, and whether you like it or not, you’ll be surrounded by everything mushy and cushy and lovey-dovey.
Are you spending the day with your better half? Or are you averse to any and all things Valentine’s Day? Whether you’re celebrating with a loved one or going at it alone, remember to swipe your bsmart card to add to your annual bsmart bonus! Shop at more than 12 000 retailers across South Africa and save when you swipe.
Chocolates are synonymous with Valentine’s Day and Pick n Pay sure does deliver on that front. Pick n Pay Clothing is also an option if you’re looking for something that will last longer than a day.
If stuffed animals are more your thing, Checkers always has a range of options to suit every budget.
Woolworths stocks some of the yummiest snacks, prettiest homewares and freshest flowers! Be sure to grab a few things for that special person in your life.
Treat the handyman in your life to a new set of tools, or better yet, treat yourself to a brand new set of paintbrushes, screwdrivers or even a drill. Builders has everything a budding or professional DIY-er could need.
Remember to use your loyalty cards when shopping and swiping your bsmart card at these stores. You’ll be adding up the loyalty points as well as adding to your annual bsmart bonus.
Want to do something special but you’re not exactly sure what you’re going to do for your significant other come 14 February? Have a look at these date night ideas for couples:
- Have a movie night in the living room or backyard and make it extra special by building a fort, putting up some fairy lights, etc.
- Take them out to a delicious dinner and a movie or show.
- Cook a romantic candlelit dinner you know they’ll love.
- Surprise them with breakfast in bed with a few flowers from the garden. Trust us, it’s always a winner.
- Have a picnic in a nearby park or even your own backyard. Bring some blankets and scatter a pillow or two to make it a cosy affair.
- Treat them to a day of doing something they love. We know you might not really like it, but you’re doing it for them.
- Grab an ice cream and drive to a special spot to watch the sunset.
- Relax a little and book a massage or pamper day for 2.
- Take a dance class and hone in on those groovy skills.
Going at it solo? Remember you can treat yourself to all of the above and more! And remember to cash in on those 2 for 1 specials to get even more bang for your buck!
Who are you going to spend the 14th of February with? Or are you treating yourself to some well-deserved R&R? We’d love to hear how you make this day special.