Movember is here and we hope your stache is coming on nicely! Apart from men all over South Africa sporting some luscious lip lace, this month holds a much deeper and greater meaning. Movember aims to tackle awareness about prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
Movember®️ is the leading charity changing the face of men’s health. They know what works for men and what doesn’t, and they’re tackling all of these issues head-on. They’ve funded more than 1,250 men’s health projects around the world since 2003, they’re challenging the status quo, shaking up men’s health research and transforming the way health services reach and support men by funding the most innovative research that will have a global and local impact.
There are loads of ways to get involved (it’s never too late).
Whether you have the ability to grow a Mo or not, there are loads of ways to get behind this worthy cause.
- Grow a Mo! Your whiskers can inspire donations, start conversations and bring about real change. How-to’s, style guides and rules are all available here: Moustaches
- Move for Movember! The aim is to run or walk 60 kilometres over the month. That’s 60 kilometres for the 60 men we lose to suicide each hour, every hour across the world. Click here to get started: Move
- Host a Mo-ment! Raise the roof with a get-together and raise much-needed funds for men’s health. If you need a little inspiration they have loads of resources at the bottom of this page: Host
Are you a man? If not, you probably know one!
“Across the world, men die an average six years younger than women, and for reasons that are largely preventable.” Movember®️ have put together the 5 things you need to know and do to live healthier, happier and longer lives. These include everything from spending time with people who make you feel good, knowing your risk and talking to your doctor, to being more active. Click here for the full list: Health
What type of caterpillar is crawling under your nose?
The “Wisp”, the “Rockstar”, the “Business Man” and even the “Connoisseur”, whatever you decide to call it, your Mo doesn’t have to be boring. Have a look at these styles if you need some inspiration.
Mo Bros and Mo Sistas across the world are working towards:
- Preventing suicide in men
- Improving quality of life
- Helping men take action
- Teaming up with great minds
- Getting involved
- Having an everlasting impact on the face of men’s health
Even though we’re halfway through Movember, it’s not too late to get started on you Mo, working towards your 60 km or hosting a fundraiser! Sign up today and support men’s health!