bsmart helps thousands of South-Africans save while they spend every month. Since opening its doors in 1947 (as Cape Consumers), bsmart has grown into a giant in the buy-aid industry with over 20,000 cardholders and more than 12,000 retailers. bsmart cardholders can shop at any of our partnering retailers and save while they’re at it. But how does it work, you may ask? Read on to find out exactly how you can be smart with bsmart.
Step 1: Get the card
We’ve recently switched to a sleek new black bsmart card with a PIN-functionality, so it’s safer than ever to shop with the bsmart card.
- Fill out the application online or over the phone and we’ll have your bsmart card ready within a few days.
- You’ll find out what your purchase limit is within a few short minutes.
- The bsmart membership will only cost you R67 per month (no hidden costs) so that you can enjoy all the benefits and savings that come with being a bsmart member.
- You can get additional cards for your family members (retired parents, kids at varsity or spouse) at no additional costs. This means you, along with your fellow card-holders can swipe and save while adding to the cashback bonus at the end of the year.
- Run into troubles? Not enjoying the service? You can cancel your membership at any time. We'll be sad to see you go, but we're confident you'll stay.
Step 2: Set your pin
- Dial *120*48459# from your mobile phone.
- Select option 1 – Set a PIN for the first time.
- Enter your member/account number. (Your member number is the short number below the card number.)
- Enter the last four digits of your card number. (Your card number is the 16 digit number on the front of your bsmart card.)
- Enter your preferred 4-digit PIN number.
- Confirm your preferred 4-digit PIN number.
- You will receive an SMS to confirm that your PIN is set. (USSD cost 20c/30sec.)
Now the fun can begin!
Step 3: Shop till you drop
- We have partnered with more than 12 000 retailers to bring you the best deals and savings in town!
- You can search for any retailer by location or category by using this handy bsmart MAP.
- Use the card to buy what you usually would, at the places you know and love.
- Use the bsmart card in conjunction with your existing loyalty cards, like your Smart Shopper card, Clicks Club card, Dis-chem card and WRewards card to double up on those savings.
- You’ll be the first to know if we’ve got any members-only discounts and where to find them.
- Use the bsmart App on the Google Play Store or App Store to find service and retail partners in your area, wherever you are. You can also pay with your bsmart app at selected stores (Dis-chem and Checkers).
Step 4: Pay those bills
- Your account needs to be settled, in full, every month. This means that there are no nasty interest rates piling up like with a credit card or overdraft.
- Your cashback bonus will remain intact if you settle your account in full every month.
- We care about your financial wellness so we'll never encourage you to spend more than you can afford.
- You can set up a debit order to ensure that it won’t slip your mind to settle your account.
- Use the bsmart app on your phone to keep track of your spend and earn.
Step 5: Money in your pocket
- You have a sweet cashback bonus to look forward to.
- You get cashback on everything your purchase.
- Use our free calculator to find out exactly how much you can save. We'll even help you to maximise your cashback.
- You can choose to get cash back once a year, in November, or once every three months.
- Your cashback is yours to do with as you please, whether you want to spend it, save it, or donate it.
- We’ve partnered with School Days to help you save towards education. We recently wrote a blog on this topic if you’d like to find out more.
- Or, spend your cashback bonus at our retailer partners to earn cashback on your cashback. That’s meta!
- Unfortunately, fuel and prescription medicine purchases do not contribute to your cashback bonus.